- SAFETY GEAR CHECK
Van 1: Start Line - 2 Headlamps, 6 Reflective Vests, 2 LED Tail Lights
Van 2: Exchange 6- 2 Headlamps, 6 Reflective Vests, 2 LED Tail Lights
Ultra Teams: check in once at the Start Line with enough for just 1 van.
- All runners must run on the left side of the road (into traffic) unless directed otherwise.
- All runners must have their team number pinned to the front of their shirt or shorts, on the outer most layer of clothing. When you are running at night we suggest that you pin your team number to your reflective vest in a way that doesn’t cover reflective material. The volunteers must be able to identify the runner as they arrive at exchange points.
- Only one vehicle per team is allowed to park at each minor exchange point.
Vehicle 1 is allowed at exchange points 1-6;
Vehicle 2 is allowed at exchange points 6-12 etc.
Both vehicles are allowed at every 6th exchange point (6, 12, 18, 24 and 30).
- Runners must run in the same sequence for each segment of the race.
For example, if a runner runs leg 3 he/she must also run leg 15 and leg 27. In the event of an injury any of the 11 remaining runners can replace the injured runner.
You are not allowed to bring in a 13th member of the team to run the remaining legs.
- Vehicles are not allowed to follow racers to illuminate the road for them, or to pace them. Foot pacers are allowed during night time hours but they must also wear the required safety gear at all times. Pacers must obey all traffic laws.
- Be Respectful. We depend on the cooperation of local communities and ask that you be respectful and help us maintain a good relationship. Any runners who violate this rule (i.e., littering, defecating, and honking in residential areas at night) will be disqualified and will not be invited back.
Google's team blog for the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage
July 20-21st 2012 Google's 6th year at the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage! This is a two day, 190 mile relay race from the northern tip of Washington in Blaine, through farm country and along the coast, across Deception Pass and finishing at the southern end of Whidbey Island at Langley. This isn't your average team offsite!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Posted by Amanda at 11:00 AM