Google's team blog for the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage

July 20-21st 2012 Google's 6th year at the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage! This is a two day, 190 mile relay race from the northern tip of Washington in Blaine, through farm country and along the coast, across Deception Pass and finishing at the southern end of Whidbey Island at Langley. This isn't your average team offsite!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Great way to spend my Friday night!

I've lived in Washington for over 2 years now but I feel like I've seen very little of this state. The view from checkpoint 12 was amazing -- right on Padilla Bay. That's when I decided that the best way to see Washington was to run through it! (And I got to see a lot of cows too)

My Friday night run was 3.6 miles, a perfect easy run right outside of Burlington. Since it was a Friday night I decided to wear my cute new running skirt (a present for myself for all the training I did!). Since we had to follow the rules I also got to wear a bright orange vest and a headlamp. I figured I might as well throw a Google blinky pin and some reindeer ears on while I was at it. Not my usual Friday night outfit, but I don't usually run on Friday nights either.

My run was nice and relaxing, but I must admit that by mile 3 I could have sworn I saw the exchange point (my finish line) just a hundred yards of me! Closer inspection revealed it was only a mirage -- just some orange signs. Could I be getting a little tired perhaps? I made it to my real finish with only a few blisters, and still feeling pretty good! 9.8 miles down, only 3.1 more left for tomorrow!

-- amanda

No comments: