Google's team blog for the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage

July 20-21st 2012 Google's 6th year at the Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage! This is a two day, 190 mile relay race from the northern tip of Washington in Blaine, through farm country and along the coast, across Deception Pass and finishing at the southern end of Whidbey Island at Langley. This isn't your average team offsite!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Second leg is DONE!

RAWR!! I just ran 6.2 miles -- the longest run of my life!! I ran the whole way and completed it just minutes short of an hour, which is way better than I expected! Despite going to sleep at 1am and starting my run before I usually even get out of bed I am feeling great and having a lot of fun!

In the first mile of my run I heard a car coming up from behind me shouting and whistling. I was excited, thinking it was my team driving by and cheering me on. I turned around and saw that instead of my team van it was two guys in a pickup truck. I guess the locals are friendly here!

--amanda

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Woohoo, go, Amanda, go!! Did the truck guys at least offer water? :)

Unknown said...

I am very proud of you, Amanda! You look happy in that picture!

Bridget said...

I think you wore the long sleeves!

Jennifer said...

Yay Amanda! You are amazing... I can't believe you are running that far.

Very cute pic - I think I'd have to whistle too! ;-)